The U.S. Embassy and LEAD India invite you to be a part of “Youth Leaders as Change Makers” - a unique youth leadership training program in New Delhi. Focusing on sensitizing and enhancing the capacity of Delhi NCR youth on community issues, the program is an intense, experiential learning journey with experts and mentors from the U.S. and India. The participating youth have the opportunity to hone their skills and experience the changemakers within.
|This program will establish meaningful relationships with these future influencers through a series of skills modules, thematic workshops, field activities, and exchange of ideas being a part of the changemakers network. The U.S. Embassy and LEAD India have come together to endorse skills of youth through exchange programs, leadership training and experiential learning, connecting American and Indian youth over development issues common to both countries and enable future generations to act as catalyst for change.
We are happy to announce the call for applications for “Youth Leaders as Change Makers” a leadership training program in New Delhi. Starting in 2019, 60 young and deserving residents of Delhi NCR, will be chosen to participate in the program. If you are a young person between 19-25 years of age, with a drive to make a difference, this is just the right opportunity for you!
‘Youth Leaders as Change Makers’ is based on the objective of training youth to become next generation leaders and to mobilize the strengths of a group to meet their potential. The program invites 60 participants from Delhi NCR. Along with facilitating the exchange of ideas and thematic discussions, it also focuses on building knowledge in various fields and learning methodologies to the interdisciplinary approach to issues.
The program is designed to cater to three of the main development challenges of the country - environment, health and women’s empowerment. The program design includes nine workshops to be held at the American Center New Delhi, followed by groups of participants working on their self /group designed follow-on activities in the Delhi NCR for the following six months. Experts from India and America will engage with the young minds, enable them to think, identify the problem areas that resonates with the group, and guide and support them in designing their own field activities. Throughout the program, participants will receive continued guidance and support from the mentors assigned to them. The training programs feature academic, practical, and well-balanced technical and general modules.
'Youth Leaders as Change Makers' is a fully sponsored program and encourages participation from young students and professionals from all backgrounds and work sectors. We strongly encourage women to apply.
This program is curated, reviewed and organized by the U.S. Embassy and faculty and experts of LEAD India in order to provide training contents that match current international and regional situations.
The program will be carried out through:
- Develop multiple skills based on globally acknowledged methodologies using the U-process and systems thinking
- Gain understanding on sustainable development goals framework and their implementation at the international, national and local level
- Gain thematic knowledge on various facets of environment, health and women’s empowerment
- An opportunity to interact with and learn from one of the leading faculties from the U.S.
- Receive mentorship from experts from various sectors
- Learn about issues common to the U.S. and India and how they are dealt by youth in both countries
- Access to a rich network of faculties and professionals
- Long term engagement with fellow participants and renowned mentors through an e-platform
- An opportunity to apply learned skills in the field by designing and implementing solutions to some of the major development challenges of Delhi NCR
- Understanding of grassroot realities, stakeholder engagement and ability to design a win-win solution
Currently, applications are open till 9th December 2018. Leadership workshops will start in the first week of February in New Delhi in 2019. Details are as under:
Number of Participants
Closing Date for the Applications: 9th December 2018
Fully Sponsored Program:
There is no fee to participate for the selected participants. This includes participation in the workshop, food during the workshop, resource materials, mentoring sessions by Indian and U.S. experts, participating in the discussion forum, showcasing of follow-on activities in the field.
- Applicants must be currently residing in Delhi NCR and available for the follow-on activity till October 2019
- Applicants should be in the age group of 19- 25 years old at the time of the closing date of the application
- Applicants may or may not be working at the time of application submission
- Applicants should have sufficient English skills to interact with U.S. faculty
- Applicants must be willing and ready to undertake field activities in the chosen projects in Delhi NCR
- Complete and submit online application form
- Availability to attend all the workshops to be in New Delhi
- Availability to participate in follow on activities for six months post workshops.
About Public Affair Section (PAS), U.S. Embassy
The Public Affairs Section of the Embassy of the United States of America, India advocates U.S. policies and promotes the dialogue between the United States and India by providing free and open access to information about the U.S. to Indians. U.S. Embassy’s various initiatives in India supports cultural dialogue between the two countries, educational exchange and skills building. Click here to read more about the U.S. Embassy & Consulates in India.
About LEAD India
LEAD (Leadership for Environment and Development) is a unique, live, ever growing, national and international network of professionals, known as 'fellows' committed to development that is environmentally sustainable, socially equitable and economically viable. It is a global network organization with over 3000 cross sectoral LEADers. Our mission is to build 'Leadership for Change' to create a sustainable world. LEAD Fellows, are successful leaders working on a wide range of local to global environmental and development issues in more than 90 countries including Africa, Brazil, Canada, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, Pakistan, USA and UK.
The India Chapter of LEAD is managed by LEAD India (A registered society since 2000), which alone has a network of 200+ LEADers with representation in most Indian states. Our network consists of individuals and organization geographically located across the length and breadth of the country. LEAD India facilitates programs in Leadership Building, Knowledge Facilitators and Action Based Projects. Click here to read more about LEAD India.
Ishani Palandurkar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanpreet Kaur: email@example.com
M-8, 3rd Floor, Greater Kailash, Part 1 New Delhi - 110048, India
Tel: +91 11 29235721, 41638440, 49064169